Saturday, March 28

You got to be you

Wish I could report back that the mermaid has traded a tail for running legs

The head coach was a winner along with all the fathers that stepped in to help out
All was fine
and dandy until they transitioned to a game of tag.

Having kids chase you and tag you  is not a good combo for LDC.
Tears were shed with a whole lotta, "I don't want to play tball"...

Fast Forward a few days later.

I took LDC with me to watch my students play soccer last night.
We snuggled in the bleachers (freezing cold) watching the sunset and the guys go back and forth on the field.
In my mind I came to the conclusion that unless she agrees beforehand, I will not sign my kid up for a sport.  Lesson learned.

"You got your own style, now let it come through.  And remember no matter what, you got to be you."
- Sebastian
The Little Mermaid